We’re so excited it’s Friday again (our favorite day of the week!) as we bring to you Episode 60 of Low-Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore & Friends! It’s always such a pleasure for our co-hosts Jimmy and Dietitian Cassie to be with you on this weekly podcast discussing the good, the bad and the sometimes ugly that’s lurking around out there in the health headlines of the day. If you’re new to the show, we are a 100% LISTENER-SUPPORTED podcast with no sponsor ads at all and we are so very grateful to each and every one of you for your consistent dedication to keeping this show going week after week. Are you benefiting in your own health journey from the content we provide in this weekly one-hour podcast? Then won’t you consider making a donation so we can continue to provide quality opinions that matter most to your health? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all you do to help us keep fighting the good fight in the battle for the hearts and minds of those who have been deceived about nutrition, fitness and healthy living.
As always, we have two outstanding guest friends joining Jimmy and Dietitian Cassie today in the lovely Nikki Hughes and the inspiring Danny Albers from the “Primal North” blog. Tune in to hear our panel talk about what one health columnist believes is “really happening to your body” when you go on a low-carb diet, new lower standards for LDL cholesterol being promoted to push more statin drugs, the USDA being forced to retract their support for the vegan-inspired “Meatless Mondays,” the cardiovascular dangers associated with taking a calcium supplement, whether the hullabaloo over low-carb diets leading to hypothyroidism is valid or not, five fabulously fatty food that will help you slim down, an ultramarathon runner who won his race in a keto-adapted, low-carb state and popular Paleo blogger Hayley Mason from “The Food Lovers’ Primal Palate” blog shares quite openly about her road to thyroid healing. Stick around to the end of the show to hear Danny’s recipe for Saltwater Keto Coffee as well as Nikki’s recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread–YEAH BABY! It’s time now for you to pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and let’s talk about it on the Virtual Porch!
CLICK HERE to donate and keep this show going! THANK YOU for your support!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 60
– We’re now LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Nikki Hughes on Facebook
– Danny Albers’ “Primal North” blog
– Low-Carb Diets: What’s Really Happening to Your Body?
– AACE Endorses New Lower LDL Targets and ApoB Testing
– Retracting a Plug for Meatless Mondays
– Calcium supplements may raise heart attack risk
– Low-Carb Diets and Hypothyroidism: A False Alarm
– 5 Fatty Foods That Make You Skinny
– Western States 100 – Low Carber Wins Ultramarathon – Steve Phinney and Jeff Volek Study
– The Healing Process (Part two of the thyroid post)
– Danny’s recipe for Saltwater Keto Coffee
– Nikki’s recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread