It’s another fantabulous day here in Episode 59 of Low-Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore & Friends as our co-hosts Jimmy and Dietitian Cassie keep the conversation going with two more awesome guest friends and a whole slew of health headlines to dissect, rip apart and make sense of. Your outpouring of love and support for this weekly show that airs on Fridays has been nothing short of spectacular. We are so very grateful for the many contributions our faithful listeners have given us to keep this podcast on the air. “Low-Carb Conversations” serves as a weekly rallying call for all of us who believe so strongly in the principles of healthy low-carb and Paleo living. If you are encouraged in your own low-carb lifestyle and like what you hear from Jimmy, Cassie and their guest friends, then jump on the bandwagon and support our efforts to keep this LISTENER-SUPPORTED podcast going by making a donation. If you hadn’t noticed, we LOVE doing this show and bringing you some of the most exciting opinion-makers and interesting people in the low-carb and Paleo community! THANK YOU so much for your continued support.
We’ve got two more of those fabulous peeps to share with you today as we welcome our guest friends Victoria Johnson from the “Thin Thighs Program” and Stanley Fishman from the “Tender Grassfed Meats” blog (Stanley is also the author of two outstanding books called Tender Grassfed Meat: Traditional Ways to Cook Healthy Meat and Tender Grassfed Barbecue: Traditional, Primal and Paleo and was featured on “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show” podcast in Episode 342 and Episode 518). Listen in today as Jimmy, Cassie, Victoria and Stanley chime in about why the Atkins and Dukan diet are NOT the same, a grocery store in New York state giving away FREE statins, an HMO offering up a not-so-healthy health dessert, revelations that the recent egg yolks as bad as cigarettes study was tied to Big Pharma, a discussion of the continued fear of saturated fat, why our hunter-gatherer ancestors never got fat and a gentle warning about letting diet bias get in the way of our nutritional education (yes, even those of us who support healthy low-carb living!). Plus, as always, we’ve got some delicious low-carb recipes to tantalize your taste buds at the end of the show. It’s time to pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and let’s talk about it on the Virtual Porch!
CLICK HERE to donate and keep this show going! THANK YOU for your support!
- We’re now LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
- Victoria Johnson’s “Thin Thighs Program”
- Stanley Fishman’s “Tender Grassfed Meats” blog
- Tender Grassfed Meat: Traditional Ways to Cook Healthy Meat
- Tender Grassfed Barbecue: Traditional, Primal and Paleo
- Listen to Stanley on “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show” podcast in Episode 342 and Episode 518
- Why I say ditch the low-carb, high-protein Dukan diet
- Free statins at the grocery store
- Kaiser HMO’s “Partners In Health” e-newsletter: You can save room for this dessert
- Study that sought to disparage health of eggs was authored by scientists with financial ties to Big Pharma
- Saturation be damned by Dr. Anastasia Boulais
- Why Aren’t (and Weren’t) Hunter-Gatherers Fat? by Bob Kaplan
- Beware of Diet Bias! by Scott Milford