We’ve got another great episode in store for you in Episode 54 of Low-Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore & Friends featuring your congenial co-hosts Jimmy Moore and Mindy Noxon Iannotti opining on the various health headlines of the day. We are happy to bring you this fun-filled, fast-paced podcast examining the claims about nutrition and health through the prism of healthy low-carb/Paleo living. If you are enjoying what you hear on this podcast and want to help us stay on the air, then consider making a donation of any amount towards doing that. It’s been a true privilege to bring you this podcast and we are incredibly grateful for all of your wonderful love and support for us. THANK YOU for keeping the message of the healthy low-carb lifestyle alive!
In this episode, we have a very cute couple who joined us as part of the 5th Annual Low-Carb Cruise in 2012. They are Jeff and Dee Miles from the “Better Choices Better Body” blog. Listen in as we talk about whether carbohydrates should be a part of your “balanced” diet, why eating starch is probably not as optimal a way to lose weight as a prominent low-fat guru would have you believe, why carbohydrate consumption is a more likely explanation for why we are getting fat, the good and bad of the current gluten-free trend, examining Gary Taubes’ theories about the role exercise plays in weight loss, whether healthy men should be taking statin drugs or not, the energy expenditure differences between our Paleo ancestors and modern man that might just surprise you and how to respond to the naysayers who think your high-fat diet is gonna kill you. We’re never short on opinions about these health headlines, so tune in to hear what Jimmy, Mindy, Jeff and Dee have to say about these and more. So pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and let’s talk about it!
CLICK HERE to donate and keep this show going! THANK YOU for your support!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 54
– We’re now LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Jeff & Dee Miles bio
– “Better Choices Better Body”
– Keep carbohydrates in your well-balanced diet
– Eat Starch, Lose Weight by Dr. John McDougall
– What Really Makes Us Fat? by Lisa Collier Cool
– Health, fads drive America’s gluten-free eating
– The Scientist and the Stairmaster
– Healthy Men Should Not Take Statins published in JAMA
– Hunter-gatherers, Westerners use same amount of energy, contrary to theory
– Won’t That High Fat Diet Raise Your Cholesterol? by Cafe Moi
– Jeff & Dee’s Faux Potato Salad with Shrimp recipe