It’s time for more fun here in Episode 53 of Low-Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore & Friends as your enthusiastic co-hosts Jimmy Moore and Mindy Noxon Iannotti enjoy another hour-long chat about this, that and everything in between in the world of low-carb and Paleo living. If you like what you hear in this listener-supported podcast, then why not be a part of helping to keep it on the air by making a donation of any amount? We’ve been overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support you all have given us and we sincerely appreciate the investment you have made in making this show possible week in and week out. THANKS so very much for supporting us and we look forward to bringing you many more excellent episodes in the months and years to come!
Today we have two more awesome low-carb friends to share some room with Jimmy and Mindy on the Virtual Porch in registered dietitian Margaret Tosi and chiropractor Dr. John Mitchell. Listen in as our distinguished panel discusses the folly of “just eat less” for weight loss, what real Olympians say they eat, actor Alec Baldwin making the switch to low-carb Paleo, the real dangers of junk food (and it ain’t the fat in it!), another positive Paleo diet success news story, a new study showing better blood sugar control with a low-carb diet than a low-fat one (DUH!) and an awesome compilation of the research supporting low-carb diets from former guest Tom Nikkola. Plus, both Margaret and Dr. Mitchell have some delicious low-carb recipes to tickle your taste buds and nourish your body well. So pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and let’s talk about the health headlines of the day!
CLICK HERE to donate and keep this show going! THANK YOU for your support!
– We’re now LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Margaret Tosi does not have an online presence
– Dr. John Mitchell’s Facebook Page
– “The magic formula to losing weight: Just eat less”
– “Performance enhancers (What Olympians are eating)”
– “Here’s The Thing with Alec Baldwin: Interview with Dr. Robert Lustig”
– “Junk food inflames fatty tissue more than lard”
– “The caveman diet: Getting to the meat of Paleolithic nutrition”
– “Research Update: Low-carbohydrate diet improves glycaemic control compared with advice to follow a low-fat diet”
– “The link to the actual August 2012 Diabetologia study”
– “Low-Carb vs. Low-Fat — What Does Research Show?”
From Margaret Tosi:
GEORGE STELLA’S EASY CHEESY CHILI CHICKEN
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons cilantro
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
2 teaspoons salt
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
4-5 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup green pepper, julienned
2 tablespoons red onion, diced
1/4 cup Roma tomato, diced (about 1/2 small)
4 ounces colby-jack cheese, shredded