Howdy ho, greetings and salutations today as we get ready to rock the house in Episode 51 of Low-Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore & Friends! Your lovable co-hosts Jimmy Moore and Mindy Noxon Iannotti are enjoying spending just a little bit of time with you each and every Friday and are grateful for the tremendous outpouring of love and support from so many of YOU who have expressed your admiration for the show by making a financial contribution to this listener-supported podcast. Since we took the ads away and decided to let our listeners determine if this show will continue, so many of you have stepped up in a big way and helped us keep this thing going. Listen in at the end today’s episode to hear the names of those who have donated (as of June 23, 2012) to make the magic happen here. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! If you would like to join the fun in keeping the “Low-Carb Conversations” podcast going, then CLICK HERE to partner with us to make that happen. We are grateful for your support!
Today we welcome two outstanding guest friends to the show with a really rad licensed and registered dietitian named Darija (pronounced DAR-REE-YUH) Wiswell who refers to herself as the “Real Food RD” and William Allen who has quite the weight loss success story and is now inspiring others through his “Transformation Pics” web site. Listen in today as the panel takes on claims in a Swedish study that a low-carb diet increases heart health risks because it raises your cholesterol (they’re still trying to pull that one?), what Swedish physician Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt thinks about this so-called study out of his home country, Denise Minger’s witty and acerbic response to this study, why our food is making us fat, the 9-year school lunch blogger exposing the crappy lunches she’s being served, the confusion about carbohydrates (which was surprisingly VERY GOOD!), and whether or not being overweight or obese is necessarily a condition you have complete control over. It’s a full slate of amazing topics and don’t you know Jimmy, Mindy, Darija and William have quite a bit to say about it all. Plus, don’t miss the oh-so-yummy recipes at the end of this one-hour dive into pure fun! So pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and let’s talk!
CLICK HERE to donate and keep this show going! THANK YOU for your support!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 51
– We’re now LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Darija Wiswell’s “Real Food RD” web site
– Darija on Twitter
– William Allen’s “Tranformation Pics” web site
– William on Twitter
– “Atkins diet ‘raises risk of heart disease’ because of a surge in cholesterol levels”
– Swedish “Diet Doctor” Andreas Eenfeldt Responds: The Swedish Diet Revolution and the Resulting Hysteria
– Denise Minger’s “Is It Time to Retire the Low-Carb Diet ‘Fad’?”
– “Why our food is making us fat”
– Scottish council concedes food fight, lifts gag on 9-year-old school lunch blogger
– 9-year old Scottish student Martha Payne’s “NeverSeconds” school lunch blog
– “Confused About Carbs? 5 Common Myths”
– “Overweight or Obese? Maybe it’s not just you”
– Paleo Mocha Frappuccino recipe