Paleo, whole food advocate and Crossfit fan Anna Persha and Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Paleo, low-carb, ketogenic blogger Carole St. Laurent join our hosts Jimmy Moore and Jenna The Paleo PA today in Episode 194 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore, Jenna The Paleo PA & Friends!”
It’s another fun-filled Friday for you here on this listener-supported podcast dedicated to highlighting the latest health headlines with educated opinions from people in the low-carb, Paleo, primal, real food community. Do you like what you hear on this weekly podcast? Help keep us on the air by CLICKING HERE to make a donation of any amount to help us towards that goal. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Half of all US food produce is thrown away, new research suggests
Psychologists warn constant email notifications are ‘toxic source of stress’
NOTE: There will be no new podcasts the next two Fridays!
CLICK HERE to support this podcast!
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Why one MLB pitcher was put on a potato-chip diet
– Anna Persha on Instagram
– Anna Persha on Twitter
– Carole St. Laurent from FoodHealThrive.com
– SECRET HEADLINE: Half of all US food produce is thrown away, new research suggests
– A tax on your burger? Indian state of Kerala announces country’s first ‘fat tax’
– Are fat people less intelligent than thin? People who are overweight make wrong food choices as they have ‘less grey and white matter in the brain’
– Your Low-Carb Diet Is Giving You Disgusting Breath
– Never Mind Grass-Fed, How About Elixir-Fed Meats?
– Struggle to lose weight when you diet? It’s all your parents’ fault, say scientists
– Psychologists warn constant email notifications are ‘toxic source of stress’
– Carole’s No-Sweat Basil Vinaigrette recipe
Anna’s Apple Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast with Apple Vinegar Brussels Sprouts
Apple Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast
2 boneless skinless chicken breast (approx 1 lb)
6 ounces of prosciutto
1-2 ounces shaved apple
1 tablespoon melted grass-fed butter or ghee
Himalayan Pink Salt
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Pat chicken breast dry and then brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Use a peeler to shave apple very thin and place over the top of chicken breast. Wrap chicken breasts with prosciutto slices. Bake uncovered for approximately 45 minutes.
Apple Vinegar Brussels Sprouts
3-4 cups Brussels sprouts
1/3 cup apple vinegar
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Himalayan Pink Salt
Slice Brussels sprouts in 1/2 place in steamer and steam until tender. Whisk vinegar, oil and cinnamon until blended and toss over Brussels sprouts. Salt and Pepper to taste.