file size: 15mb
Misty Humphrey and Rachel Flowers join Jimmy and Mindy on the Virtual Porch for tea and conversation in today’s recipe-riffic episode of Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore and Friends! We’ve got a great conversation with two amazing friends today discussing a hot topic in the low-carb/Paleo community: Is there such thing as one “Paleo Diet” or is there a basic “Paleo template” that can be used for people to tweak? See what Jimmy, Mindy, Misty and Rachel think about this idea and so much more! THANK YOU for listening!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 20
– Support our sponsor: CarbSmart.com’s “Summer of Sugar-Free Syrups”
– Misty Humphrey’s “Healthy Transitions” blog
– Rachel Flowers’ “Alternefit” blog
– Chris Kresser’s Beyond Paleo: moving from a “paleo diet” to a “paleo template” column
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Almond Flour Muffins
2 1/2 cups almond flour (Honeyville brand is the best)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup honey (or equivalent of whatever sugar substitute you prefer)
3 large eggs
1 tbs vanilla
1 cup fruit/nuts/coconut, whatever (berries are really awesome)
stir together flour, salt and baking soda. Add beaten eggs, honey (or whatever sugar substitute you choose…I prefer Stevia) and vanilla. Stir or whisk together till well blended. Add 1 cup fruit, nuts/coconut flakes, whatever, fresh or frozen, mixed or not.
bake at 300 for 25-30 minutes or so or at 325 for 35 minutes (depends on elevation and oven).
Misty Humphrey’s Cilantro-Lime Mahi & Guacamole
- 4-4oz. Mahi Fillets
- 3/4 Bunch of Cilantro, Minced
- 1 Cube Butter
- 1 Tbs. Minced Garlic
- 1 Lime, Juiced and Zested
- 1/2 Tsp. Sea SaltDirections:Place Mahi Fillets in shallow baking dish. Preheat oven to 400 F. In small sauce pan, melt butter and add garlic, lime juice and zest, salt and about 2/3 of the Cilantro. Simmer for about 5 min. on low heat, pour mixture over Mahi Fillets. Bake for approximately 15 min., turn oven to broil and remove fish. Baste the fish with butter and return to oven to broil for 5 minutes to brown top of baked fish.
- 4 Avocados
- 1/4 Bunch of Cilantro, Minced
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbs. Dry Minced Onions
- 1 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
Chop avocados, do not mash. Add remaining ingredients and allow to chill in refrigerator. This recipe is best when allowed to season for 2 hours or more. Top fish with Guacamole and serve.