Paleo blogger and Crohn’s Disease overcomer Kristen Boehmer and no sugar, no starch diet blogger and low-carb support group leader Melanie Miller join our hosts Jimmy Moore and Jenna The Paleo PA today in Episode 180 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore, Jenna The Paleo PA & Friends!”
It’s another fun-filled Friday for you here on this listener-supported podcast dedicated to highlighting the latest health headlines with educated opinions from people in the low-carb, Paleo, primal, real food community. Do you like what you hear on this weekly podcast? Help keep us on the air by CLICKING HERE to make a donation of any amount to help us towards that goal. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Why You Should Stop Worrying About Carbs, and Just Eat More Of Them
Sugar app blamed for ‘creating consumer panic’ by snack firms
CLICK HERE to support this podcast!
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Kristen Boehner from LivingLovingPaleo.com
– Melanie Miller from MelaniesLowCarbJourney.com
– Lose weight, feel great column about Melanie in The Shepherdstown Chronicle
– SECRET HEADLINE: Ban the elasticated waistband! Comfortable clothing ‘makes obesity acceptable and simply encourages us to get FATTER’
– Why You Should Stop Worrying About Carbs, and Just Eat More Of Them
– Your 30-Smart-Points-A-Day Menu: Carb Lovers
– For Serious Training, Hold the Carbs at Dinnertime
– Meeting The Government’s Recommended Sugar Intake Is Every Bit As Hard As It Sounds
– Sugar app blamed for ‘creating consumer panic’ by snack firms
– This Is Why We’re Afraid Of Carbs And Confused By Fats
– Kristen’s Beef Stroganoff recipe
Kristen’s recipe requires a dairy-free sour cream, so here’s the recipe for that:
Dairy-free Sour Cream
2/3 cup avocado oil
1 egg (preferably pasture-raised)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon garlic, minced (approximately 1 clove)
¾ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
¼ teaspoon nutritional yeast
Place the avocado oil, egg, lemon juice, mustard powder, garlic and salt in a tall container (I use a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup). Place an immersion blender at the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture starts to blend together and become thick, move the immersion blender towards the top, until it is well blended. This should take less than a minute! Add the lime juice and nutritional yeast and blend once more. Enjoy!