Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Certified Personal Trainer, and Real Food Foodie Shawn Mynar and eating disorder overcomer and Registered Holistic Nutritionist Meg Doll join our hosts Jimmy Moore and Jenna The Paleo PA today in Episode 177 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore, Jenna The Paleo PA & Friends!”
After being off last Friday while Jimmy was away at the Low Carb Vail conference in Colorado, we are back now with yet another amazing excursion through all the latest health headlines featuring our two incredible cohosts Jimmy Moore and Jenna Lightfoot (aka Jenna The Paleo PA) along with two more excellent peeps from the low-carb, Paleo, real food community. We are seeking to transform the way people look at and think about food and health and this podcast is dedicated to providing informed opinions about what’s making news in the realm of health. Do you like what you hear on this weekly podcast? If you would like to help us keep this listener-supported podcast on the air, then CLICK HERE to make a donation of any amount to help us towards that goal. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Nutritionist extols the virtues of a low-carb diet
Bill Clinton’s vegan Las Vegas adventure
Listen in as Jimmy, Jenna, Shawn, and Meg talk about a new bracelet that is caffeinated to replace coffee, that Australian mice study of the low-carb, high-fat, Paleo diet claiming it is dangerous and leads to weight gain, the Atkins Nutritionals Nutritionist Colette Heimowitz botching what the Atkins diet is, a new study claiming adding fats to a high-carb meal will blunt the glucose response in Type 1 diabetics, Bill Clinton returns to a vegan diet again, a news story on Dr. Jason Fung’s work on controlling insulin for managing weight and health, and why foods labeled “gluten-free” cost so much more. Plus, don’t miss Shawn’s Chocolate Mint Balls recipe and Meg’s Paleo Butter Chicken recipe at the end of the show. Now you know what to do–pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee, and let’s talk!
CLICK HERE to support this podcast!
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Shawn Mynar from Well-Belly.com
– Meg Doll from MegTheRHN.com
– The Nourished Podcast on iTunes
– The EAT. FEEL. LIVE. LOVE Challenge
– SECRET HEADLINE: Bracelet may change how we get caffeinated
– Popular ‘caveman’ Paleo diet is labelled as dangerous by health experts
– The actual study published in Nutrition & Diabetes
– Rig Your Studies Much?
– Nutritionist extols the virtues of a low-carb diet
– Adding healthy fats to high-carb meals improves blood glucose levels in people with type 1 diabetes, study finds
– Bill Clinton’s vegan Las Vegas adventure
– Is too much insulin in your body responsible for obesity?
– Neither of these ketchups contains gluten. So why are we charged 50% more for the one labelled gluten-free?
– Shawn’s Chocolate Mint Balls Recipe
– Meg’s Paleo Butter Chicken Recipe