Paleo Physician Assistant Jenna Lightfoot, Type 1 diabetic who is controlling her disease with a ketogenic diet Katie Coleman and Clinical Nutritionist Stephanie Dodier join our host Jimmy Moore today in Episode 167 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore & Friends!”
We kicked off this podcast again last week after being away for the past few months and big changes are here for this listener-supported podcast dedicated to sharing cutting-edge news and educated views on the latest in the world of health. The most significant change is our longtime and beloved cohost Dietitian Cassie has decided to move on as she has become quite busy in her Healthy Simple Life business as of late. We are so proud of Cassie and wish her well in the next chapter of her life (she’ll be back one last time as a guest friend on January 8, 2016). With the absence of a cohost for veteran health podcaster Jimmy Moore, we decided to let YOU the listeners help us find a brand new cohost to join Jimmy on Fridays beginning in 2016.
In the month of December, we have been conducting a Low-Carb Conversations cohost contest featuring nine incredible candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds in the low-carb, ketogenic, Paleo, and the real food movement. We’ll feature three contestants per week for the first three weeks of December and the winners of those three episodes will return for one more final showdown on Friday, January 1, 2016 where you and your fellow listeners will decide who you want to be the brand new cohost. Sound like fun? We can’t wait to watch all of this unfold in the coming weeks.
Here are the next three contestants we have for you in this week’s episode with Jimmy’s Periscope video feature on each of them:
CLICK HERE to vote for your favorite contestant in Round 2–
Voting will end on Tuesday, December 15, 2015!
**CONGRATULATIONS TO STEPHANIE PERSON FOR WINNING ROUND 1!**
CLICK HERE to support this podcast!
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Jenna Lightfoot from PaleofyingHealthcare.com
– Katie Coleman from KeepItRealFoodCompany.com
– Stephanie Dodier from StephanieDodier.com
– Secret Headline #1 for Jenna: Doctor-Patient Relationship May Suffer When Technology Takes Over: Study
– Jenna’s Headline to lead with all of the panelists: More Americans Than Ever Use Prescription Drugs
– Secret Headline #2 for Katie: If diabetes were a country how big would it be?
– Katie’s Headline to lead with all of the panelists: One in two healthy adults will develop pre-diabetic high blood sugar
– Secret Headline #3 for Stephanie: Placing a Cap on Americans’ Consumption of Added Sugar
– Stephanie’s Headline to lead with all of the panelists: Obesity
Health threat of sugar is vastly underestimated, study claims
– PLACE YOUR VOTE IN ROUND 2