Low-carb, high-fat Paleo blogger Jess Paige and former meteorologist and ketogenic marathon-running blogger Theresa Kavouras join our hosts Jimmy Moore and Dietitian Cassie today in Episode 161 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore, Dietitian Cassie & Friends!”
Headlines, headlines, headlines. They are seemingly endless in the world of health pumping out information to the masses who generally buy them at face value without digging deeper into what the real story is all about. The media is quite savvy in their ability to craft a compelling headline to capture eyeballs, but they don’t always represent the real deal when it comes to the overall message being conveyed. That’s why we’re here to provide you with educated news and views to know how to respond to the headlines people are talking about. If you like what you hear, then CLICK HERE to make a donation of any amount to give financially towards this listener-supported podcast. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Low-fat diet better than low-carb diet for trimming body fat
In today’s episode, our co-hosts Jimmy Moore and Dietitian Cassie welcome in an amazing young Canadian low-carb, high-fat Paleo blogger named Jess Paige from “JessPaigeLCHF” and a former meteorologist and ketogenic marathon-running blogger named Theresa Kavouras from “Neon Is My Color”. Listen to Jimmy and Cassie banter a bit at the beginning about how the Fall and Christmas stuff is already out in stores, how Jimmy’s brand new book with Maria Emmerich called The Ketogenic Cookbook has officially become an international bestseller hitting #3 on the Cooking and Food category in The Globe and Mail this week, and Cassie announcing she is definitely doing that webinar class she recently talked about and the American Association of Dietitians Educators (AADE) diabetes conference she attended in New Orleans, LA where they continue pushing a high-carb diet.
Don’t fear the scale: Why you may want to weigh in daily
CLICK HERE to support this podcast!
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Jess Paige from “JessPaigeLCHF”
– Theresa Kavouras from “Neon Is My Color”
– SECRET HEADLINE: Low-fat diet better than low-carb diet for trimming body fat
– Cutting saturated fat doesn’t necessarily reduce heart disease risk
– Soybean oil causes more obesity than coconut oil, fructose
– The Evidence Supports Artificial Sweeteners Over Sugar
– Don’t fear the scale: Why you may want to weigh in daily
– RELATED BLOG POST: Skip the Scale
– Australians cut back on or stopped taking statins following ABC Catalyst story, researchers find
– RELATED BLOG POST: ABC’s ‘Catalyst’ Program Gets To The ‘Heart Of The Matter’ On Cholesterol
– Five Tips for Maintaining a Low Carb Lifestyle
Bulletproof Chocolate Avocado Pudding
2 Ripe Haas Avocados
2 Tbs MCT Oil
3 Tbs Dark Cocoa Powder
2-3 Tbs Birch based Xylitol
1/2 tsp espresso powder or Dynamic Greens Espresso Flavor
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
Place all ingredients into a food processor and process about 3-5 minutes until smooth. Refrigerate and enjoy!