Nutritional health, functional medicine expert, and author Mike Mutzel and his chiropractor and real food enthusiast wife Deanna Mutzel join our hosts Jimmy Moore and Dietitian Cassie today in Episode 155 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore, Dietitian Cassie & Friends!”
After taking last week off for the 4th of July holiday weekend, Jimmy and Cassie are back today with another fabulous excursion through the latest health headlines with two more incredible guest friends. Even when they’re away, our cohosts are constantly scouring the Internet to find the latest and greatest information making news in health. We always try to stay on top of what’s happening and bring it to you with educated opinions each and every Friday. If you like what you hear, then CLICK HERE to make a donation of any amount to give financially towards this listener-supported podcast. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Krispy Kreme Celebrating Birthday Selling Dozen Donuts For 78 Cents
2015 US Dietary Guidelines: Lifting the Ban on Total Dietary Fat
Listen in as Jimmy, Cassie, Mike, and Deanna express themselves about the latest health headlines, including an op-ed denying the problem with gluten in our diet (Cassie’s new word “sensitivitive” talking about gluten), a new proposal by Dr. Dariush Mozaffarian and Dr. David Ludwig proposing lifting the ban on total dietary fat in the 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the ramifications of the FDA calling for the removal of trans fat in food within the next three years, new proposed sugar listing changes on nutrition labels in Canada, General Mills deciding to remove fake colors and flavors from their cereals, a case study of how a 19-year old Type 1 diabetic restored his beta cell function with a Paleo-styled ketogenic diet, and the powerful benefits to brain health of taking regular nature walks. And don’t forget to stick around for nutrition tips at the end of the show. So pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and let’s talk!
CLICK HERE to support this podcast!
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Mike Mutzel from “High Intensity Health”
– Belly Fat Effect: The Real Secret About How Your Diet, Intestinal Health, and Gut Bacteria Help You Burn Fat
– Mike on Twitter
– Mike on Facebook
– “High Intensity Health Radio with Mike Mutzel” on iTunes
– Deanna Mutzel on Instagram
– SECRET HEALTH HEADLINE: The Myth of Big, Bad Gluten
– JAMA: The 2015 US Dietary Guidelines: Lifting the Ban on Total Dietary Fat
– FDA orders food manufacturers to stop using trans fat within three years
– Proposed new nutrition labels would offer more info on sugar
– General Mills cereal to drop artificial colors, flavors
– Type 1 diabetes mellitus successfully managed with the paleolithic ketogenic diet
– New research suggests nature walks are good for your brain