file size: 15.3mb
Hey there and welcome back for another great episode of Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore & Friends where we invite you to be our special guest for a tall glass of sugar-free iced tea on our Virtual Porch!
Today Anne Robertson calls in from France (apologies for some Skype drop-outs in the audio) along with Bill Dewitt who join in on the conversation about a new diet ranking put out by US News & World Report, animal fats vs. seed oils, a great recipe, and much more!
Special thanks to our sponsor, CarbSmart.com!
Here’s today’s recipe:
Serves 4 people
At least 1 lb (450 g) chicken pieces
1 medium onion
8 oz (225 g) mushrooms
6 tbsp heavy cream
Salt and pepper
Butter or coconut oil for frying
Large iron frying pan or skillet
Wooden spatula for stirring
Very sharp knife for slicing chicken
1. Finely chop onion and start frying;
2. Clean and slice mushrooms and add to pan;
3. Cut chicken pieces into thin strips;
4. When onion has clarified, remove onion and mushrooms from pan and keep warm;
5. Add more butter or coconut oil if necessary to pan and fry chicken strips;
6. When chicken is cooked, remove from pan and keep warm with onion and mushrooms;
7. Déglace pan with cooking brandy;
8. Stir in cream and season to taste;
9. Quickly add back the chicken, onion and mushrooms and mix well together.
Serve immediately with green vegetable of choice.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 17
– Support our sponsor: CarbSmart.com’s “Summer of Sugar-Free Syrups”
– Bill Dewitt on Facebook
– U.S. News & World Report ranks the best and worst diets