Certified Nutrition Consultant and recovering addict Susan McCauley and Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and podcaster Kendall Kendrick join our hosts Jimmy Moore and Dietitian Cassie today in Episode 148 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore, Dietitian Cassie & Friends!”
We’ve got so much news to share with you each week on this podcast driven by the latest health headlines that it’s sometimes hard to fit it all in. But what you can always rely on listening to “Low-Carb Conversations” is plenty of entertaining opinions that will educate you in your own journey and inspire you to share with those within your sphere of influence. If you would like to see the quality shows continue, then consider making a financial contribution to help keep this listener-supported podcast on the air. CLICK HERE to make a donation of any amount to join your other listeners who help make this show possible. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Taking too many vitamins pills ‘increases risk of heart disease and cancer’
In today’s episode, our co-hosts Jimmy Moore and Dietitian Cassie are joined by Certified Nutrition Consultant and recovering addict Susan McCauley from “Evolve Nutrition” and Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and podcaster Kendall Kendrick from “Primal Balance” who both cohost a fabulous podcast entitled “Evolved Recovery.” Listen to Jimmy and Cassie banter a bit at the beginning about Jimmy’s 10-year blog anniversary this week as well as his trip to Austin, Texas for the Paleo f(x) conference.
‘Water Only School’ launch
Listen in as Jimmy, Cassie, Susan, and Kendall express themselves on a new study concluding that taking too many vitamins will increase your risk of heart disease and cancer, a misleading column on dietary fat by a conventional wisdom dietitian named Hope Warshaw (check out my Instagram post about the “butter blend”), how the new statin guidelines are set to put millions of teenagers and young adults on cholesterol-lowering medications, two stories out of Australia on the problem with sugary fruit juice being served and the idea of an all-water only school, the deception of buying organic that can lead to more bad food choices, an incredible list of ways stress can impact your health, and new evidence on low-carb helping with Type 2 diabetes. Plus, don’t miss some great nutrition tips at the end of the show! So, you know what to do–pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and let’s talk!
CLICK HERE to support this podcast!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 148
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Susan McCauley from “Evolve Nutrition”
– Kendall Kendrick from “Primal Balance”
– Susan and Kendall’s podcast “Evolved Recovery”
– SECRET HEADLINE: Taking too many vitamins pills ‘increases risk of heart disease and cancer’, study warns
– Butter, margarine or the latest spread? by Hope Warshaw
– New Guidelines Would Greatly Boost Number of Young People on Statins
– Obesity Policy Coalition warns lunch box fruit drinks have more sugar than Coca-Cola
– ‘Water Only School’ launch
– Reusable Bags Make People Buy Organic—and Junk/a>
– 15 Ways Stress Can Affect Your Health
– Further evidence of the benefits of low-carb diet for people with type 2 diabetes