file size 15.5mb
Duke University instructor and uber-fan Lynne Ivey and registered dietitian Lisa Osowski join Jimmy and Mindy for another in-depth session of iced tea and chat on the Virtual Porch in this week’s episode of Low-Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore & Friends!
Today’s conversation ranges over a bunch of topics, including Jimmy’s recent n=1 experiments and how manufacturers have been reacting to the results, low-carb researcher Dr. Eric Westman, cooking oil choices, that recent Consumer Reports column praising the research behind low-carb diets, delicious low-carb recipes, how to stock your low-carb pantry, and much, MUCH more! Join in the conversation by chiming in with your comments below.
Lisa’s 4 food prep tips for busy families:
Lynne’s Spicy Pimento Cheese
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded (Colby, if you prefer a milder cheese; or sharp Cheddar, if you like bigger flavor)
- 1/2 pound Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimentos (drained), plus 2 tablespoons juice
- 1/2 red onion (or Vidalia onion, for sweet onion flavor, if preferred), finely diced
- 1 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground celery seed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, combine cheeses, pimentos and pimento juice, onion, mayonnaise, garlic, paprika, and celery seed.
2. Mix well and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Transfer the cheese spread to a serving bowl and cover. Refrigerate until 20 – 30 minutes before use.
4. Serve with celery sticks. Or enjoy a couple of spoonfuls on top of a great grilled hamburger…delicious!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 15
- Support our sponsor: Low-Carb LifeShotz
- Lisa Osowski on Facebook
- Jimmy’s n=1 experiments
- Consumer Reports Admits The Scientific Evidence Says ‘It’s OK To Go Low-Carb’