Type 1 diabetic and low-carb Paleo food company founder Katie Coleman and medical pathologist and low-carb Paleo diet blogger Dr. Jim Small, MD, PhD join our hosts Jimmy Moore and Dietitian Cassie today in Episode 128 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore, Dietitian Cassie & Friends!”
It’s another great Friday here at “Low-Carb Conversations” and we are always appreciative of the great feedback we receive from you our listeners about this show. We try really hard to keep it fun, lighthearted, and yet educational so that you can be ready to respond to all those latest health headlines that your coworkers, friends, and family members start talking to you about. While we don’t pretend to have all the answers about what to think about the headlines that bombard us on a daily basis, what we do have is educated opinions filtered through the prism of a real foods-based low-carb, primal, Paleo lifestyle. Jimmy Moore and Dietitian Cassie are fully committed to inviting on guest friends who can articulate the thoughts and ideas about these health headlines that you just won’t hear about anywhere else. It’s comforting to know you’re not alone in your health journey and we’re here to provide you with the inspiration and encouragement you want and need to be successful in this great adventure. Do you like what we’re doing here on this listener-supported podcast? Then CLICK HERE and make a donation of any amount that will help us keep these shows coming to you week after week. You are all so greatly appreciated. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Controversial Ingredient To Be Removed From Silk Beverages
Update on the PFC Club!
CLICK HERE to support this podcast!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 128
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Dietitian Cassie’s business “Healthy Simple Life”
– Dietitian Cassie’s “PFC Club”
– Watch Dietitian Cassie’s fabulous educational videos on Vimeo
– Katie Coleman from the “Keep It Real Food Co.”
– Katie on Twitter
– Dr. Jim Small from “The PaleoPathologist”
– Dr. Jim on Facebook
– SECRET HEADLINE: Controversial Ingredient To Be Removed From Silk Beverages
– 15-ton ball of fat removed from London sewer
– Olive Garden: $100 for 7 weeks of pasta
– Can instant noodles lead to heart disease, diabetes and stroke?
– Eggland’s Best Eggs Reveals Lower Calorie Count: One Large Eggland’s Best Egg Contains Just 60 Calories
– What French Kids Eat For School Lunch (It Puts Americans To Shame!)
– You won’t Believe what this Hospital is Using as Medicine
– RECIPE: Dr. Jim’s Breakfast Frittata
– RECOMMENDATION: Dr. Jim’s Cast Iron Skillet Cleaner
Katie’s Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
1 head cauliflower
1/4 cup butter
1 cup shredded cheese (I used a half a bag of trader joes shredded 3-cheese)
Handful of shredded Parmesan
1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
Cayenne pepper, salt+ pepper to taste
Finely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Chop cauliflower into noodle sized pieces. Microwave cauliflower (covered in plastic wrap) for 6 minutes. Add butter, shredded cheese, Parmesan, cream cheese, cayenne, salt and pepper and mix together. Top with walnuts (plus extra shredded cheese and Parmesan). Place in oven for 10 minutes.