file size: 14.9mb
Hello and welcome back to another healthy dose of Low-Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore & Friends! Today we have another fantabulous conversation from the recently-concluded 2011 Low-Carb Cruise and joining Jimmy and Mindy are long-time low-carbers Howard and Georgine Harkness. This one’s a lot of fun, folks, and Georgene has quite the incredible low-carb dessert to share–Decadent Mocha Cheesecake! O…M…G!!!
Here’s the recipe:
Low-Carb Decadent Mocha Cheesecake
©Georgene Harkness, 2004
Unfortunately, “decadent” doesn’t begin to describe this recipe. It’s full-blown sinful!
But! The great part is it has NO sugar alcohols, so the carb count you see is real! I
have to limit this recipe to twice a year – my hubby’s birthday and Christmas; otherwise,
I am sure we’d eat it three times a day, every day.
2 C Pecans
Sweetener to equal 1 T Sugar
3 T Butter, melted
1 T. Cocoa Powder
1 T. Freeze-Dried coffee crystals
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 C Heavy Cream
Artificial Sweetener to equal 1 C. Sugar
4 T. butter
8 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ C. Sour Cream
1 oz melted chocolate (optional)
1 tsp vanilla
Sweetener to equal 3 T Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine Pecans, Sweetener, Butter and Coca in bowl of food processor
3. Process until pecans are chopped finely and all are combined (will be somewhat
4. Press mixture into bottom of 10″ pie pan (using plastic wrap to cover nut mixture
will keep it from sticking to your fingers). Set aside.
5. In bowl of same food processor (no need to clean bowl), combine cream cheese,
cream, sweetener, coffee crystals, vanilla and 1 egg. Process until well blended, scraping
down bowl. Add the next two eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl.
6. Combine 4 T. butter and 8 oz chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Heat in
microwave at medium power until melted.
7. Add melted butter and chocolate to food processor, process for one minute.
8. Pour mixture from food processor into pie pan, spreading evenly.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, checking carefully after 50 minutes. Do not
allow top to burn.
10. Mix 2 T equivalent of artificial sweetener with melted 1 oz chocolate.
11. Stir 1T equivalent of artificial sweetener with sour cream and vanilla.
12. Spread sour cream mixture over cheesecake, drizzle melted chocolate over in a
13. Return cheesecake to oven for five minutes. Remove from oven; chill overnight.
Nutritional info: Makes 16 Servings: Per Serving: Calories, 400. Protein 7 gr,
Fat 39.9 gr, Carbohydrate 9 gr. Fiber 3 gr. For net 6 gr.
Special thanks to our sponsor, Yes! To Cookies!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 11
– Support our sponsor: Yes! To Cookies!
– Howard Harkness’ “Guest Diet Blog”
– Georgene Harkness on Facebook
– Fred Hahn’s “Slow Burn Fitness”
– Georgene’s “DFW Preppers and Survivors” web site