Attorney-by-day, Paleo enthusiast by night Joe Salama and Paleo blogger/author Jason Goldberg join our hosts Jimmy Moore and Dietitian Cassie today in Episode 118 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore & Friends!”
Thanks so much for being here for another great show today and we appreciate the fact that you listen to this podcast. It gives us great joy and pleasure to find good health headlines to talk about and then share what we think about those headlines on a weekly basis. We try to stay on top of all the big stuff and throw in a few things here and there that you might not have known about before. If you enjoy what you hear, consider making a donation to help us keep this thing going. CLICK HERE for a contribution of any amount that will ensure this show keeps rolling along. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Go to DreamfieldsSettlement.com to prevent ADA from getting remaining funds
CLICK HERE to support this podcast!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 118
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Joe Salama from “Tao of Paleo”
– Jason Goldberg from “Tao of Paleo”
– The Tao of Paleo: Finding Your Path to Health and Harmony
– Joe and Jason on Facebook
– SECRET HEADLINE: You Asked: Are All Calories Created Equal?
– Science reveals why calorie counts are all wrong
– Cutting out sugar? Food makers do it in secret
– A Cortisol Measuring Stress Test could be coming to smartphones
– 10 Things Snack Food companies won’t tell you
– 8 things nutrition experts wish you would stop saying about food
– Blood pressure kiosks may not always give accurate readings
JOE’S BEEF STEW RECIPE
3 pounds pastured stewing beef
3 cups of beef stock (or 2 cups stock and 1 cup wine)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 medium onion, chopped
3 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
3-5 small potatoes, cubed (optional)
1 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced (adjust according to your taste)
1 tablespoon of paprika
3 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon each dried rosemary, basil, and oregano
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
This is recipe is so easy and well rounded (from both a macronutrient and micronutrient point of view) and you don’t have to cook for a couple of days after making it. Throw all ingredients into the slow cooker for 8 hours and EAT! BOOM!