Paleo blogger and cookbook author Arsy Vartanian and diabetes expert Mary Kolk join our host Dietitian Cassie along with guest co-host and fellow registered dietitian and real food blogger Amari Thomsen, RD, LDN today in Episode 102 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore & Friends!”
Help us keep this listener-supported podcast on the air if you’d like to see it continue providing sophisticated and educated opinions about the latest health headlines every Friday. CLICK HERE to be a part of the growing list of fans of this podcast who are financially contributing to our success. THANK YOU FOR YOU SUPPORT! This week, our host Dietitian Cassie invited fellow dietitian Amari Thomsen from “Eat Chic Chicago” to be her special guest co-host in this episode. These two RDs gab about an interesting headline in A Dietitian’s Confession: Why I’m Changing My Tune on the Paleo Diet by Heather Neal, RD.
They are then joined by guest friends Arsy Vartanian from “Rubies & Radishes” (author of The Paleo Slow Cooker: Healthy, Gluten-free Meals the Easy Way and The Paleo Foodie Cookbook: 120 Food Lover’s Recipes for Healthy, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Delicious Meals) and Mary Kolk from “The Diabetes Lady” discussing the Secret Headline Chipotle adds vegan tofu to their menu as well as whether Paleo promotes a meat obsession, if eating a Paleo diet is really good for you or not, questioning if being fat is the new normal, the problems with our modern diet, reasons why people should try low-carb, and so much more! Plus we’ve got some great recipes for you, including Amari’s Wild Blueberry BBQ ribs recipe and Arsy’s Flank Steak with Cilantro Sauce recipe. The time has come to pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and let’s talk!
CLICK HERE to support this podcast!
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Amari Thomsen from “Eat Chic Chicago”
– Amari on Twitter
– Amari on Facebook
– Arsy Vartanian from “Rubies & Radishes”
– Arsy on Twitter
– Arsy on Facebook
– The Paleo Slow Cooker: Healthy, Gluten-free Meals the Easy Way
– The Paleo Foodie Cookbook: 120 Food Lover’s Recipes for Healthy, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Delicious Meals
– Mary Kolk from “The Diabetes Lady”
– Mary on Twitter
– SECRET HEADLINE: Chipotle adds vegan tofu to their menu
– A Dietitian’s Confession: Why I’m Changing My Tune on the Paleo Diet by Heather Neal, RD
– The End of Paleo: Our Meat Obsession Cannot Continue
– The Paleo Diet: Can It really be good for you?
– Is Fat the New Normal?
– What’s Wrong With the Modern Diet?
– 5 Reasons to Give Low Carb a Try
– Amari’s Wild Blueberry Barbecue Ribs