Primal low-carb diet blogger Brian Beaven joins our co-hosts Dietitian Cassie and Jimmy Moore today in Episode 89 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore & Friends!”
THANK YOU to everyone who has so generously welcomed us back on the air again and we’re ecstatic to have Jimmy and Cassie doing their thing talking about the most important health issues being reported on out there in the media. There’s no other place you can find such informed opinions about all the morass of information that gets put out there about diet, fitness and health. That’s why we are honored to bring you episodes of this show week after week to bring some much-needed sanity into this completely out-of-control and insane world! If you like what you hear on this podcast, do us a favor–make a donation to help us stay on the air. Your support of any amount really goes a long way towards us keeping the podcast going for you on a weekly basis. Whether is $1, $10 or even $100, however you can financially support “Low-Carb Conversations” it greatly appreciated. The show is listened to by tens of thousands of people weekly who are tuning in to hear the invaluable information that is being shared. CLICK HERE to help keep that going in the months and years to come. THANK YOU!
Jimmy and Dietitian Cassie welcome in a fantastic guest friend in primal low-carb blogger Brian Beaven from the “Primal Bodhi” blog to discuss some really interesting health headlines, including a mom up in arms about her 5-year old being served a candy bar for breakfast, a New York school that has decided unilaterally to become the first public school in the United States to offer a vegetarian-only school lunch, the Boulder, Colorado school district that is promoting more real foods-based school lunches (that include meat, too!), the insidious way that McDonald’s continues to promote their business to children, why it is McDonald’s fault for the rising cost of chicken wings, mainstream exposure of the failed low-fat yogurt trend, a new study that shows the lack of evidence supporting the use of statin medications, and a whole lot more! It’s another banner episode of opinions about the health headlines of the day for you to enjoy today, so pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and let’s talk!
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Brian Beaven from the “Primal Bodhi” blog
– Candy for Breakfast: Is Your School Next?
– Update On “Candy For Breakfast”
– Flushing, NY school serving ONLY vegetarian meals
– Real foods-based school lunch served in Boulder, CO
– McDonald’s defends its ads targeting kids as study concludes self-regulation is not working
– Why is Chicken More Expensive? Ask McDonald’s
– Does fat-free yogurt cause greater weight gain than the full-fat kind? How misleading labels are worsening the obesity crisis
– New study confirms statins do not save lives