Laura Dolson from “About.com Low-Carb Diets” and Sam Gaucher from “Canada Girl Eats Paleo” join Dietitian Cassie and guest co-host Kevin Kennedy-Spaien in Episode 77 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore & Friends!
While Jimmy is off at the PaleoFX conference in Austin, Texas and finishing up his cholesterol book project, Cassie and Kevin were lucky enough to be joined by yet another Canuck, Sam as well as the very wise and insightful Laura to discuss a Huffington Post column on the obesity problem, the continued misinformation being put out there about saturated fat and cholesterol, diet soda’s role in obesity, a woman who advocates eating MORE fat for health, a school sending letters home to parents saying their child is obese, why antibiotics are probably not a good idea for children and Laura’s column on what we should be calling the way we eat now. Plus, don’t miss great low-carb pizza and shish kebab recipes at the end from our guest friends. You know what to do–pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and let’s talk!
CLICK HERE to donate and keep this show going! THANK YOU for your support!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 77:
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Laura Dolson from “About.com Low-Carb Diets”
– Sam Gaucher from “Canada Girl Eats Paleo”
– The Heavy
– Eat Your Heart Out
– VIDEO: Forget Cholesterol; Inflammation’s The Real Enemy
– How Diet Soda Makes you Fat (and other food and diet industry secrets)
– Winchester Woman advocates for diet that encourages eating fat
– School tells parents son is obese
– Fat Letters Informing Parents Their Kid is Obese are Not Solving Childhood Obesity
– You Kid Probably Doesn’t Need Antibiotics
– What Should We Call ourselves? (by Laura Dolson!)
– Laura’s “Low-Carb Pizza” recipe
– Sam’s “Indoor Shish Kebab” recipe