We’ve got another funtabulicious Friday here today in Episode 68 of Low-Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore & Friends. Your two congenial and lovable co-hosts Jimmy and Dietitian Cassie are in their rightful places ready to tackle the latest health headlines of the day. This podcast is one of the most unique in the low-carb and Paleo communities because you get to hear real opinions from real people living this lifestyle sharing the real deal about the nutrition and health ideas of our day. We give ’em all the white gloves treatment and tell it like it is. If you like what you hear, then remember we are LISTENER-SUPPORTED and your donations really go a long way towards helping us continue bringing you more opinions galore in the weeks, months and years to come. If you enjoy our weekly romp through the health headlines that you hear on “Low-Carb Conversations” and want to help us out, then you can make a donation to keep us on the air throughout 2013 and beyond. THANK YOU for your support!
We’ve got two more awesome guest friends from the Paleo and low-carb blogging community joining us today as we welcome Sam Feltham from “Smash The Fat” and Jennifer Courtney from the “PaleoMomRx” blog. Listen in as Jimmy and Cassie talk about what foods RDs would eat and wouldn’t eat, how so many people are diagnosing their health online these day and how listening to health podcasts can actually lead you to lose more weight than those who don’t. Then they invite in Sam and Jennifer to address how a medical doctor gets it all wrong about high-fat, low-carb diets, the absurdity of the new Coke anti-obesity ads focusing on calories, whether “fat genes” determine whether you’ll become obese or not, the viability of BMI for measuring obesity, the negative effect of carbohydrates on the brain and the fact that there is 30% more sugar in cereals sold in the UK than in the US. And then our favorite part of the show is the recipe and cooking tips time at the end with Sam and Jennifer featuring a chicken fajita dish. Now you know what to do: pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and let’s talk!
CLICK HERE to donate and keep this show going! THANK YOU for your support!
– We’re now LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Sam Feltham from “Smash The Fat”
– Jennifer Courtney from the “PaleoMomRx” blog
– Foods Nutrition Experts Will Never Eat
– Pew: 35 percent of US adults are online diagnosers
– Twitter Can Make You Less Fat
– Do high fat, low carb diets work?
– Critics attack Coke’s anti-obesity ad
– ‘Fat Genes’ Determine Obesity, UCLA Study Says, In Addition To Diet And Exercise
– A Good Way to Measure Obesity? Fat Chance
– Carbohydrates: Bad For The Aging Brain
– Britain’s biggest cereal brands contain 30% more sugar than same products in U.S.